Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Concert Obsession

Cory and I have been going to a lot of concerts lately, which I'm really enjoying! Houston has a lot of neat music venues! Here's who we saw lately:

Our Lady Peace at the House of Blues. Awesome venue, and the band put on a great live show. I can't wait to go back there.

Shinedown, with Cavo and Sick Puppies opening, at the Verizon Wireless Theater. Another awesome venue, and all three bands were great. I'd never heard of Cavo, and didn't know much of Sick Puppies either, but they were both great. I got a little sick of Shinedown's stories that he told, and the mosh pit was a little scary (Beth took an elbow to the chin - yikes!) but the live show was great!

Jett, Our Lady Peace, Puddle of Mudd, Saving Abel, Chevelle, Alice in Chains, all at Buzzfest at the Woodlands Pavillion. Puddle of Mudd was my favorite of the day, and I love the Woodlands for these all day outdoor concerts. You just can't beat the people-watching there.

Papa Roach at Warehouse Live. Another great venue, another great live show. I was surprised Papa Roach played at such a small venue, but I really enjoyed it. His energy is contagious and it was really fun!

Cory and friends also went to the spring BuzzFest, which I ended up missing because I was in France (I know, poor me). And last year we went to BuzzFest and I can't remember who all played, but Three Doors Down was the headliner and they were awesome. Another really great live performance!

I really enjoy going to concerts, and went to so many throughout college, but hadn't really gone to anything the first few years I lived here. So I'm glad to be doing it again, and can't wait to see what we go to next!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

thats a lot of concerts! last one i went to was NKOTB, but i think its the only one since moving here! LAME!