Monday, June 8, 2009

Nom nom nom

Although I was having a great time in Paris, I missed a lot of things while I was gone: mostly Cory, Cosmo, my friends, my bed... the list goes on. I also really missed cooking and baking! It's become quite a hobby of mine this year and I was excited to get back to it! Here are some things I've whipped up the past few weeks! I've also been working on my food photography skills and I think I'm improving a little bit.

PW's Strawberry Shortcake Cake
recipe here: http://thepioneerwoman.com/cooking/wp-content/uploads/2009/05/strawberry-shortcake-cake1.pdf
This was DELICIOUS! I made it for a concert in the park that we went to with some friends (yay 80s cover band!) and everyone loved it. I had to give the rest away so I didn't polish it off myself!


Banana's Foster Cupcakes
recipe here: http://healthyeatsandsinfultreats.blogspot.com/2008/09/bananas-foster-cupcakes.html
I made these as a late birthday treat for Josh since I was in Toulouse on his bday. He loves all things banana, but he's not the biggest cream cheese fan, so I made a brown sugar icing that was to die for! The cupcakes were good, but the recipe has you actually make bananas foster and put it in the batter, so I was expecting a little more. They kinda just tasted like banana bread, so I thought the icing really saved them.


Crumbly Cookie's Pain Ordinaire
recipe here: http://www.crumblycookie.net/2008/10/03/pain-ordinaire/
I've been loving this baking kick I'm on, but my waist has seen better days. So this weekend I made something slightly healthier! This was not my first time using yeast (I've made pizza crust and soft pretzels) but it was my first time baking bread. I think I could have shaped it better into a more 'sandwich' size loaf but it tastes great and I can't wait to make more!


Pastor Ryan's Chicken Tikka Masala
recipe here: http://thepioneerwoman.com/cooking/wp-content/uploads/2009/06/pastor-ryans-chicken-tikka-masala1.pdf
Cory really likes curry, and my taste for it has been growing, so when I saw this recipe I knew I had to try it for him. It was AMAZING! I heart Pioneer Woman, and her guest blogger Pastor Ryan! Please go make it. Now.

5 comments:

ACQ said...

I was delighted to help out with the leftovers. Feel free to ask for my "help" with that any time!

Joshua said...

Banana's Foster Cupcakes....mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm!

Thanks again!

Unknown said...

yeah i'd be happy to help by having you come be my personal chef. sweet, thanks.

nujoud said...

You girls have me reading Pioneer Woman now, I copied the Tikka Masala recipe off and plan to make it soon. Glad it gets your endorsement too!

Melissa said...

Nom nom nom....did you get that from Chanelle? :)...your foodie blog is making great progress...I am going to have to try that Tikka Masala recipe next week...