Monday, June 29, 2009

House Project: Office Makeover

When we first moved into our house, we had our desk in one of our spare bedrooms. But then we got another bed to make the spare bedroom a real guest room, so the desk moved to what is supposed to be our living room. We knew we never wanted a formal living room, but this room was basically a mess. In addition to our desk with our computer on it amidst lots of junk, we had my 'scrapbooking table' which consisted of a card table loaded 2 feet high with supplies and other random stuff, and my Grandpa's old chair that I inherited when I moved to Houston, also loaded with lots of random stuff. Here are some 'before' pictures.

So on our long list of improvements we want to make to our home was turning the living room into a nice office. After we got the carpet, I really wanted to get new bedroom furniture, but Cory and I both agreed we were pretty sick of this space, and since it is one of the first rooms people see when they walk in, this became our top priority. We didn't think we were going to do it this soon, but a shopping trip to Ikea with Beth will change your mind quick ;) Here are the 'after' pictures! Let me know what you think!

Thanks so much for your ideas and inspiration, Beth!

8 comments:

ACQ said...

It looks fabulous!

Unknown said...

erin it looks SO good! im super impressed!! im glad you kept grandpa's chair! what happened to the other chair you said you bought?

Erin said...

thanks lizadies! i really didn't want to get rid of grandpa's chair and we didn't really have anywhere else to put it. we decided it looked ok there, and we'll put the other chair in a tiny corner in our bedroom.

Lauri and Jeff said...

I love it! Great job!

Becca said...

Your before "office" pictures look surprisingly like mine. Mine is also supposed to be a formal living room at the entry way to my house and a complete mess. Inspiring.. maybe I need a trip to IKEA!

nujoud said...

I like it a lot Erin! The lighter wall color definately looks great too to brighten the room up!

Charlie said...

Nice work!

Melissa said...

Fantastic!