Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Feelin' hot hot HOT!

The past few weeks have been so freiken hot here in Houston. I don't really remember the actual temperatures being this high before, but maybe I just blocked it out.

This is what my car thermometer read on the way home from work today at 5:30.
And a few minutes later:


When I washed my face when I got home, I had only the cold water on and it was hot. Usually in the summer here, you can't get cold water, its usually warm, but this felt like I had the hot water turned on. I hope it's ok to water my tomato plants with hot water!

(Public service announcement: My car was not in motion when I took those pictures!)

3 comments:

ACQ said...

I think the tomatoes will be delighted to have any water in this heat!

Joshua said...

Erin, your busted! Let the record show that your car WAS in motion for the first photo!

I present to you exhibit A: If I can count right I see 5 little hash marks on your speedometer revealing you indeed were traveling at 5 mph!

Sorry, I just watched a lawyer show and had to get that out of my system...and it's so hot here I'm going a little loopy.

Erin said...

Hmm, I failed to consider that it showed the speedometer! I must have been almost stopped or just about to go; I swear I was being safe!