Saturday, January 16, 2010

December, pre-holidays

So I'm a little behind on posting here, so here's a catch up post for what the Sholls were up to before the holidays.

Meeting Pioneer Woman
In early December, the day before I sprained my ankle (see previous post), some of my girlfriends and I ventured downtown to meet the one and only Pioneer Woman! She just came out with her awesome cookbook and was doing a book tour. I was very excited when I learned she'd be in Houston. The signing took place in this neat organic market called Georgia's Market. It ended up being a day long event with some Starbucks and some shopping mixed in, but it was nice to spend the day together! Pioneer Woman was awesome; just like she seems on her blog. Friendly, down to earth, funny, and cute as heck! Here's our picture with her:


Holiday Goodies
I made a bunch of yummy treats for all our friends again this year. I made some stuff I'd never made, and it was fun learning new techniques! I made Peppermint Meringue Kisses, Candied Orange Peels, Peppermint Bark, and my yearly traditions, Peanut Brittle and Party Mix. I hope everyone enjoyed!




Swine Flu
I might have had it. The week before we went home to PA I was home sick from work all week. I tested negative for the flu, but my doctor told me the test was only 60% accurate. Who knows what I had, but I felt like crap! Luckily I felt better just in time for our drive to PA. Yes we drove.
Christmas adventures coming up next...

2 comments:

ACQ said...

Yay pictures! Your treats were delicious. If you ever need to test a new recipe give me a call. ;-)

Unknown said...

i wish i had some christmas goodies left... mmmm!