Monday, December 7, 2009

Notice: Exercising is Hazardous to Your Health!

In the span of 48 hours I had two exercise-related accidents.
1) Friday afternoon. Sholl house.
Cory has started doing his P90X again (good job baby!) and he had his pull-up bar hanging over the door to the yellow room. I was getting Christmas decorations out, which are located in the closet in the yellow room. We usually keep the doors to the spare bedrooms shut, so when I was done, I started to pull the door shut. Down came the (heavy, solid) pull-up bar. On my shoulder. Ow.
2) Sunday morning. Seabrook trails.
I met Lisa on her marathon-training long run. I am not training for anything, but just trying to get back in shape, so on the weekends I meet Lisa and Melissa to run with them! We were just finishing (12 miles for her and 7 for me), when I lost my footing on an uneven surface, turned my ankle, and fell down. I've got some lovely scrapes on my hands and knee, and a twisted ankle to show for it. Ow. Again.
Moral of this story: don't exercise ;)

4 comments:

Joshua said...

Concur!

ACQ said...

Thanks so much for taking one (or two) for the team. I will definitely take your advice. ;-)

Unknown said...

sounds like a good moral to me!

Unknown said...

Who even likes to excersise anyway??