Wednesday, January 20, 2010

House Projects: New Master bath faucets, Bedroom Furniture, Painting the bedroom: Part II, everything including the Kitchen Sink!

We asked for Home Depot gift cards again for Christmas this year, and we put them (and more) towards some house projects during the few days we had at home after our trip to PA. We bought new faucets for our master bathroom, and Cory installed them in no time.



We also got a new white cast iron kitchen sink. I wanted something more functional, and it turns out this looks way better too. Cory installed this as well; I'm glad I have such a handy husband! I never thought I could like something so much that is used for washing dishes, but I love our new sink!






And then there's the painting. Remember this: Painting the Bedroom? Yeah that was last year. Turns out we weren't in love with the color; it was too dark. So we repainted during the week before our furniture arrived, which made it pretty easy. Luckily it only needed one coat and we love the new color with our new furniture! Here's a close-up, but you can see the new paint in the bedroom pictures above.

Next up: finishing the master bathroom makeover. You can see the ugly stripped walls in the picture above. I started the wallpaper removal about a year ago, so maybe this year we'll get it done!

6 comments:

Jen @ New Shade of Green said...

Love it! Glad you like your cast iron sink... I would have given you ours for FREE. Let me know what you think after you use it a while. I've broken 1 bowl, chipped a plate, and chipped a casserole dish in ours since we've moved here. I swear at it at least every other day. Can't wait to till we remodel our kitchen and get something different.

Unknown said...

everything looks great! i love the bedroom furniture. question: when you replace a faucet, if the old one has separate hot and cold knobs, does the new one have to also? i HATE that, i want one handle that you can turn for hot and cold. our bathrooms and kitchen are all with the separate...

Erin said...

Jen - I'm still loving the sink and I haven't broken anything yet!

Heather - I'm not really sure... sorry!

MOM said...

A busy cook always loves a big sink! I can't wait to see the furniture and paint in person. Glad you love it!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Unknown said...

Everything looks amazing!!!!Good work!!

xoxo!