Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Eating with Erin

I think that's what I'm going to call all future food posts, but let me know if you have any better ideas :)
Last weekend I made Pioneer Woman's Sesame Noodles and Asian Lettuce wraps from PW's recipe site, Tasty Kitchen. Both were really delicious, and really simple, made with ingredients I mostly had on hand already.


I also made Cory a mini heart-shaped coconut cake. For Nujoud's baby shower cake, I doubled the recipe and made 4 9 inch round cakes, but I only used three. So I used a little heart cookie cutter and made Cory a two layer little heart cake with the rest!

(Please ignore the crappy food-photography. I'm still working on that ;) )

5 comments:

ACQ said...

I like your title! You didn't tell me you made the sesame noodles. I've been wanting to make them because they look simple and fabulous! Mmmm.

Lauri and Jeff said...

Those noodles look yummy!

Unknown said...

i like the title too! and all the food looks great. plus, i think you are getting better at the photography, i dont think its crappy at all! i read something on PWs site about natural sunlight... try that?

Erin said...

The noodles were delish and so simple!
I try natural light, but a lot of times by the time I'm finished baking/cooking, it's not light out anymore :/

Melissa said...

Eating with Erin! I love it! You're inspiring with all your mad cooking/baking skills...thanks for the posts!