Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Vegas, Baby!

Well, the Shuttle slipped a bit, and Cory and I got to go to Las Vegas to my cousin Jessie's wedding! Neither of us had ever been before, and we had a great time celebrating and hanging out with family. My immediate family was there, and so were some of my extended family, including an aunt and uncle and some cousins. I don't get to see these cousins very often anymore, in fact I can't remember ever spending this much time with them since we are all 'adults'. It was really fun!!

We got there early Thursday and pretty much ended up being awake for more than 24 hours except for a brief nap. The guys gambled and me and my sister and mom walked the strip, seeing all the cool hotels (and awesome high-end shoe stores). That night was the bachelor and bachelorette party and the girls had lots of fun!

Friday we relaxed at the pool and the bride and groom hosted a cocktail hour. After that we went with my immediate family to see Cirque du Soleil's 'O' at the Bellagio. We got to see the fountain and lights show before-hand. These two things were by far the highlight of the trip (other than being at Jessie's wedding and seeing family, obviously)! The fountains were just so cool, and 'O' was simply amazing! I highly recommend it if you ever find yourself in Vegas.

Saturday was the wedding, and the reception at the Mandalay Bay buffet, followed by open bar at the Mix Lounge on top of Mandalay Bay's 'THE Hotel'. All was delicious and lots of fun, and Jessie looked beautiful!

Cory and I left early Sunday morning and now we're back in H-town, waiting for Discovery to get off the ground!

4 comments:

ACQ said...

You and Heather rocked your dresses at the wedding! The Bellagio ceiling was one of my favorite things in Vegas too. Did you know that the Borgata in Atlantic City has an installation by the same artist? I saw it at Sneadapalooza one year. Next time I go to Vegas I hope to stay at the Flamingo. :D

Unknown said...

vegas baby! partaaaaay!

Erin said...

I took the pictures of the Flamingo just for you Alicia!

nujoud said...

Vegas looked awesome and I've wanted to go see 'O' but haven't yet gotten to.

The blowm glass artist is Dale Chihuly and he's native to the Pacific Northwest and very well known up there. If you ever go to the Seattle/Tacoma area there is a Museum of Glass in Tacoma on the waterfront and he has a lot of pieces there. You can even see people working real-time on blown glass art in a theater workspace. Blown glass is easily one of my favorite types of art.