Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Bonjour!

As you probably know, I am currently in Toulouse, France for work. I arrived on Saturday and the adventures started with some of my co-workers! Me, Lucia, and Heidi went to Gaillac on Saturday and went to an old Abbey/winery and did a wine tasting and bought some French wine! We got to see a lot of Southern France on our journey and it was beautiful! We had a lot of silly adventures which were made even funnier by our being awake for a day and a half.
On Sunday, Melissa joined us and we headed to the Mediterranean Sea! Our first stop was Narbonne, where crazy Lucia went in the ocean! It was windy and chilly, but she braved it. Then we headed down further south and went to the beautiful town of Collioure. I had actually been there before when I was here for work about 4 years ago. I never thought I'd return to this place, but I'm so glad I did, it was so beautiful! It's exactly the town I'd picture when I think of a little town on the Mediterranean sea.
Unfortunately I am a dumbass and forgot my camera cable (along with my outlet adapter and a belt!), so pictures will be coming later! Now we are in the work part of the week which is going well. Its a nice reminder to have these face-to-face meetings with our International Partners and remember how amazing our jobs are, not just because of the cool space part, but because of getting to work with people in different countries.
In the meantime in TX, Cory and our friends went to Buzzfest which I was sad to miss. I heard a good time was had by all and hopefully they missed me as much as I missed them! Biggest Loser finale is tonight and I'm sad to miss it, I can't wait to watch when I get home!
We're almost to hump day and I'm really looking forward to meeting Cory in Paris on Saturday! Au revoir mes amis!

5 comments:

ACQ said...

I can't wait to see pictures!

Joshua said...

Don't you mean TX instead of PA?

Unknown said...

jealous! cant wait to see pics of everything!

Melissa said...

Oh I love Toulouse...so glad you got to do some sightseeing! Have fun in Paree! (is that how you spell it? Well, you know what I mean :) )

Erin said...

Thx Josh I fixed it! And Melissa, I prefer 'pawee' :)