Sunday, March 22, 2009

Space-Dorks

For the past week, Cory and I have both been hard at work in the ISS Flight Control Room. We're both working the current Shuttle mission, STS-119/15A. On this mission, the ISS will get it's fourth and last solar array, which will make the vehicle symmetrical again. There will also be some work done to allow the beginning of a six person crew!
Discovery docked to the Space Station last Monday, and since then, we've both been manning our respective consoles every day. Of course we're on opposite shifts, but we're sleeping when the other is at work, so we get to spend a few hours together at home each day. I'm on the overnight shift, which is kind of rough, and Cory is on the shift right before mine, which means he gets to go out with friends and co-workers after his shift for a drink. I am jealous. Here's a picture of each of us in the MCC!


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Aren't you soooo proud of me for reading and writing on your blog!!! I love the wall paper for the screen.....looks familiar to me. Found the Bakerella blog and I can't wait to get on it. C-ya later..Hopefully on Tuesday-beth