Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Run, baby, run

On Sunday, January 18th, I participated in my third half marathon! I ran the whole time and finished in 2 hrs and 20 min, and considering how little I had been running, I was very pleased with that! A bunch of my friends ran in various events too, including Charlie with 1 hr 46 min in the half, Nujoud with 4 hr and 25 min in the whole, and Josh with 31 min in the 5k. Great job everybody! Let the countdown begin until next year... :) Here is a picture that Jaime took of me, about 0.2 miles from the finish line. I was hurtin' pretty bad, but still managed to eek out a sweaty smile.

Next year I'd really like to have a time goal for myself in the half. When I signed up for this year back in the fall, I wanted to do it under 2 hrs. But I had to let go of that when I didn't really train at all. I did however, meet my new goal, of finishing the half before the woman winner of the whole. Go me!
I thought it would be interesting to look back at my results from my past races, and being the nerdy engineer that I am, I made an excel spreadsheet to keep track. Plus, I like to have it all in one place. I think when I'm old and creaky (like I felt on Sunday after the race!), I will really appreciate knowing that I accomplished this. Here it is (you can click on it to see it bigger):

3 comments:

Jen @ New Shade of Green said...

Congrats!!

nujoud said...

Congrats on the race Erin! And Thanks for staying to cheer me in!

Unknown said...

good job sister! im proud of you :)